Sister Foster

Sister Foster

Monday, August 18, 2014

I'm Melting!!!

Mom note: We got a surprise call from Pres. Slaughter on Sat, then a phone call from Victoria. She was struggling with some anxiety and he felt it was best to nip it in the bud and have her call home instead of letting it get worse. It was an emotional phone call, but ended well and she seems to be doing much better :)
 
Dear Family,

Now I know how the Wicked Witch of the West felt when she was melting...I feel that EVERYDAY from this humidity. It is so sticky...Plus it doesn't help that I am the most emotional missionary in my area right now. I am not even joking. I cry probably 5 days a week, and Sis. Hansen doesn't even express any sadness.
It was so great hearing your voices and talking to you on Saturday. Imagine my surprised look when President Slaughter asked if he could call dad and if I wanted to talk to him...I could do that? Even though I talked to you all at the airport, it felt like forever since I last saw you.
So far we have three potential investigators. R, L and M. R is married to a Less Active member but is very interested in the church, and I think it is helping her too. He has a baptism set up for September 6, but he isn't reading or coming to church even though he promises to come everytime we meet with him. L is a single mom working 3 jobs and was diagnosed with Lupis. She has a baptism date for Sep. 20, and she is even bringing her kids to church as well!! M is a girlfriend of a less active member, they have 2 beautiful children and her boyfriend wants to come back to church. She has a tentitive baptisimal date for Sept. 20 as well, but she is mostly concerned about if she believes it or not.
While I have been here, I have seen my first High person, been sworn at in 2 different languages, and have scars on my legs from the ant bites( oh ya, they are everywhere!) Honestly, I want to focus on the members and what makes them, them. But sadly my companion wants to focus on the areas that she has already knocked on before. There used to be Elder's here apperently, but they were transferred somewhere else, so WE got not only our area, but theirs as well.
For P-day today, I am going to the Capitol:) We are going with the Hermana's in our district. I honestly can't wait! We are also going grocery shopping (those are angels singing in the background when I wrote that sentence), and doing laundry. We do have another appointment with a possible investigator, and more tracting.
There are many parts in my area that look like Mexi-Cali, but its Tex-Mex...dogs everywhere, mexican food carts, they seriously weren't kidding when they said whites were a minority here. Lots of Hispanics, African-American (Congo refugees, that is were Sis. Hansen wants me to use my french) and apparently Germans.
My district really is great, I had my first District meeting and they are a great group of Elders and Sisters. One of the Elders actually left this morning for home:( Before he left and before my little talk with the Mission President, I asked if he could give me priesthood blessing for comfort. Best blessing I got since I left for the MTC.
Well, love you all lots! Keep sending your letters and prayers my way, I'm going to need them.
Hurrah for Isreal!
Sister Victoria Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment