Sister Foster

Sister Foster

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

I'm gonna miss the people...not the food.

Hey Everyone!!!!
So I leave tomorrow for San Antonio, Texas. WHAT? I can't believe how fast everything went. The Elder's in my District already left for Macon, Georgia on Monday and it has been really quiet without them here...and yet it is calmer too. But other than that, I have survived the MTC :) ( Insert "Rocky" music here)
My investigators Linda and Sydney went great. Linda was getting ready for baptism and was loving the idea of repentance. Sydney is my TRC investigator that we skype, but on Saturday she actually came to the MTC!!!!! She is the sweetest lady that I have ever met. She has agreed to read the Book of Mormon and Pray. She even told us she was going to Church on Sunday, but we haven't seen her since then so I don't know how it went. But I am on cloud 9 right now. True my nerves get me at the beginning, but once I start talking to them and getting to know them, I am myself and not this stiff sister sitting on the couch.
I have been thinking about home a little less since I have been here. There was a couple of moments when I heard Dad's voice in my head( which brought me to tears) and I needed Mom's hug but I stuck through and didn't hop the fence and run all the way home. I have been trying to focus on my purpose here, and it feels really good.
Last Tuesday, July 29, for the Tuesday night Devotional ...the missionary from The Other side of Heaven, the REAL missionary, came and spoke to us. Yep, John H. Groberg and his wife came and talked to us about Bearing our testimonies more. He even showed us clips from the movie!!!! I miss that movie...This Last Sunday the President of BYU spoke to us. He talked about The Power and Authority of the Missionaries.
I have been saying bye to my teachers here, but it is all good. I really have learned a lot here, and I am almost sad to go. Almost, because the food here isn't as great as everybody claims it is. I have gained probably 10 pounds here, while another sister is losing weight...WHY????? The Spirit has strengthened my testimony so much, that I can't believe how much I was missing out.
Thanks to everyone who sent me a package and mail. Everyone in my District has been helping me eat all the food and is jealous every time I get one. I love you all sooooooooo much, and I still miss you like crazy. I depart for the airport tomorrow at 4:35, and I will most likely get to the airport around 7, yes mom I bought a call card at the bookstore, and the camera works great! So I am going to need Dad's number and the number for whoever is going to be home (Girls),
Love you all so much!
Sister Tori Foster









No comments:

Post a Comment