Sister Foster

Sister Foster

Monday, October 13, 2014

Columbus didn't discover America...

Haha, actually, it was Ether and his Brother...Conversation this morning while cleaning the Sister's apartment. Another Monday holiday for me to dread next year as I write my weekly email in the church building's family history center. Usually I write at the office they have at our apartment complex. Here, it is where the rest of our District emails, and they have set times to write or else it would be chaos! Because we had a late start, our schedule was messed up. We got to see our Zone leaders at HEB (which was weird seeing other missionaries at the grocery store)..

Investigators

K: K contacted us a couple of weeks ago, and finally got to teach her last Monday. She is super sweet, and can talk 50 words a minute. She found out about the church from her friend who is Mormon.She has known about it for about 7 years, and has decided to become one. She was working on Word of Wisdom on her own before we even met with her, and she wants to do this for herself. She told us that she met with some missionaries in Florida and fed them for sometime, but then she moved and wanted to know where she would go. We saw her Monday last week and dinner with her. We taught her the Restoration and she kept going off on her own side comments, but she knew what was being taught. The most amazing moment was when I asked her to be baptized, she just put her hand over her heart and said "I can be a member of your church this fast? I thought it was going to take years!" YES!!!! SHE SAID YES!!!!!! We are actually meeting with her tonight for dinner and Plan of Salvation:) I am over the moon excited for her!

P: P is a little harder to write about this week. We have not been able to meet with him all this week because we either could not get a member present or he was working at those times. We finally saw him on Sunday. He sat next to us during Sacrament Meeting, which was Fast Sunday, and we talked about how his job hunt was going( he wanted a closer job) and he told us that they looked at his record, which was always tough for him...Red Flag. After church, he told us that he actually wanted to bear his testimony, but was afraid to. We understood, but encouraged him to next time if he felt the Spirit. We got to teach him the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and during that lesson we discovered that he was on Parole. My. Heart. Dropped. This changes everything now. We pretty much put GoJC on hold and had to explain to him that because he was on Parole, he won't be able to be baptized on the 18th or anytime soon. P was devastated. I have never seen tears form that fast than in that moment. We continued the lesson, but he wasn't into it as much as he was before. I cried the moment I walked into our apartment after church. I pray this doesn't affect his Faith in the church and that he will continue to learn.


Funny Moments

-We had dinner at a members home, and this couple has a 2 year old daughter named D. She is currently potty training. When we were sharing the spiritual thought, she came out of the bathroom with ONLY her shirt on yelling "I went pee-pee!!!". Later, when Sister Johnston used the bathroom, she came out and D started clapping for Sister Johnston and said "yay". So funny!!!!
-Sister Johnston was REALLY tired one day and gradually went through a red light. Me, of course, sat in the passengers seat freaking out saying "What the heck! Did you know you just went through a red light?" She saw the light beyond ours turn green and thought that was our light...I made sure she got to bed on time that night.
-A woman, that was a potential for Sister Hansen, invited us over for lunch and a lesson. I heard the F*** and S*** word used repeatedly for about an hour. It was just funny to see both mine and Sister Johnston's face after we left her house. We burst out laughing in the car.
-Living in an apartment full of women this week isn't as fun as we thought it would be...too much estrogen!!!

The Experience

Since I have been here, I have noticed that I am starting to take notice between the members home and the investigators home. I notice that Happiness from the Gospel, that type of happiness in my home in Utah. That peace and love from the Savior and the truth that this is the True Church. I want that Happiness in every home, including my future home. We have had more lessons taught this last week, so that means more people are being prepared to have that happiness in their lives, even if they don't think they are ready.
Help the missionaries in your ward, they need the help from the members because it is all of our responsibility to bring those lost sheep back to our Shepherd. I know that this is The True Church of Jesus Christ, that Joseph Smith helped to restore back to this dispensation and that we have a living prophet on the earth today. I sustain President Thomas S. Monson as the prophet called by God. I know the Book of Mormon is Another Testament of Jesus Christ, and with it and the Bible, we have the fulness of the gospel.

I love you all so much, and would love to hear from y'all!!!
Sister Foster
                                                 Our district playing soccer last P-day

No comments:

Post a Comment