Sister Foster

Sister Foster

Monday, November 17, 2014

"But Sister, It's COLD outside!!!"

Warning, I repeat, Warning! It has gotten below 40 degrees in Austin!!!!!!
I have been thinking of things that I need to get and what I need to ask for in order to stay warm...because the cold in Austin gets ridiculous!  I am very cold, and I luckily got the tan jacket from the Sister donation bag. All I can think of is send warm things, hopefully we will be going to Good Will today. {MOM HERE...THAT PARAGRAPH WAS FOR ME, I HAD ASKED HER WHAT SHE NEEDS FOR WINTER :)}
Funny Moment of the week: Our car couldn't start on Friday night...Of course it would happen to me!*Ask anyone of my family members why this is funny, I am not the best when it comes to cars* It just wouldn't start! We sat in the 7/11 gas pump for a good hour before the Zilker Park Sisters picked us up to take us home. I can check that off my bucket list!

There has been some new families moving into the ward, which is a HUGE blessing because our ward is really small of active families. It is our job as the Austin Ward missionaries to go around our area and see who is actually here because when people transfer their records to Austin they automatically transfer them to our ward. We had counted how many we have marked moved or do not contact=118 names. Yay us!
S: We got a referral from a member in Sunset Valley Ward saying that her friend wants to come to church, but belongs to our ward. She also wants to study the Book of Mormon. Okay! We get to her house and she made us dinner and we gave the 1st lesson, and asked if she wanted to be baptized. Said she wasn't ready but wants to continue to learn. She came to church this Sunday and after Gospel Principles she pulled me and Sister Johnston aside and said "I had a vision, about baptism. I want to be baptized!" Are. You. Serious?! Did that really just happen! We still don't have a date for her, but we are meeting with her tonight and talking about the Plan of Salvation.
We helped clean two houses this week...Sister Johnston and I were serving then we shared a thought/lesson...P's and M's.
M got released from the hospital Tuesday and she is not allowed ANY Sodium! She is on a new life long diet where she has to keep track of everything that she eats, I could never do that so I am admiring the dedication that she has to become a better person and mother.
Taught K and A earlier this week, but we have not been able to get into contact with them to schedule another appointment, and K's baptism date is coming up...
R is doing great! Getting closer to baptism!
The most stressful moment of the week was on Saturday when we were trying to figure out how we were going to go out today. The Auto place said that they weren't going to look at the car until after lunch, and of course this was the day that we had appointments all over the area! Through the power of prayer, one member said that she could come with us the ENTIRE day!!!!!!! I have never been so grateful until that moment, that was also a humbling moment for me because I had not said my morning prayers and that was my first prayer, a prayer to help us serve him in this little part of his vineyard.
I had Real BBQ!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had Ribs, Brisket and Sausage,  with Butter-Pecan with Coconut frosting, yum!
Sister Johnston and I are doing great. We have had a lot of fun with my camera this week ;)
I love you all so much and I really appreciate letters! I think and pray for y'all constantly.
I love y'all !!!
Sister Foster <3
 A true Texan meal. Brother M. woke up at 6 in the morning to smoke the brisket for 12 hours!! But then we forgot to take a picture with him!
                                               M. throwing away her ashtray FOREVER!
                                        PDay pics of us and the Capitol Elders emailing home
                                 We were CRAVING ice cream even though we were freezing
                                                       Having fun with my camera

No comments:

Post a Comment