Sister Foster

Sister Foster

Monday, December 15, 2014

Transfer to Converse, Tx !!

That is right ladies and gentleman, I am in Converse,TX. The same area where Sister Johnston served the first 9 months of her mission :) I truly do miss her, but she is going to do great things in Austin, and in training her new missionary.



 
​The wait for my new area kills me every time! The fact that I was going to San Antonio meant that those were being announced last. "Sister Foster, you are being transferred to the Converse Ward with Sister Record as your new companion." WHAT! Sister Record and I were in the MTC together. She was Sister Pito's companion, who I will miss dearly in Austin. Sister Johnston was super excited for me, and said that I was going to have a great time in Converse.
I got to say bye to Susana a couple of days before I left, and she wished me luck in my new ward. She was pretty sad that I wouldn't be there for her baptism, but I told her that I will be thinking about her on the 20th :)
 



 
​So the first moment after I get off the van, Sister Record hugs me and then said, "So you should know that we currently do not have a car, so we may be on bikes." What? I didn't even touch my bike in Austin, and you are saying that I have to ride it until Wednesday??? Very different. Converse is very country. Lots of Military families here, which I didn't really notice in Austin. I am close to the Randolph Air Force Base, which is so cool!!

 
I will be honest, it has been a rough transfer. I had met so many great people in Austin, and to be here in San Antonio is very dramatic. But I believe there is some purpose for me to be here in Converse. There are a lot of members here in Converse, and they are so good to the Sister Missionaries (Full Dinner Calender, offers rides to our appointments/drop-by's). There is one Sister in particular when I first met her gave me a giant hug and whispered in my ear "This is from your mom. She is so proud of you right now." It is those moments that I love from members.
Well, I love you all so much! and I wish y'all a Merry Christmas...It is coming so fast!!!:):):)
Love,
Sister Foster

                                    My last picture with our awesome apartment view!
                                       A perfect combination of my and my parent's missions!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment