Sister Foster

Sister Foster

Monday, January 5, 2015

2015 - A brand new year to serve the Lord!

Sister Record and I were talking about what we want to accomplish in 2015, and we both realized that we will be spending the entire year of 2015 on our mission :) It was a mind-blowing realization for me to think that I will be dedicating a full 365 days of 2015 to helping my Heavenly Father to find those children who are prepared to hear His message. 

So how can I dedicate more fully to make sure I spend this year to its fullest? I guess taking it one day at a time and try to recognize that Heavenly Father is helping me in EVERY challenge that I face. Whether it be from people saying we aren't interested, to long days, or even my thyroid/depression, My Heavenly Father wanted me to enlist in HIS army and I will TRY to do my best.

Monday: We taught a 15 year old girl named G. She has been investigating the church for about a year, and she loves everything that comes with the church. She went to Girls Camp and loved it, she just received her virtue cord for personal progress, and she is reading the Book of Mormon for the second time. We asked her, and not in this way, what is holding her back from being baptized...she says it just isn't time yet, but she will let us know when it is...okay!

Tuesday: EXCHANGES! I went to Windcrest area for the day with Sister Johnson. Get this. Sister Johnson went to Riverton High School the same year I went to CHHS and was in her Madrigal group her Junior and Senior years! I asked her how it felt not to be in Madrigal Christmas mode and she knew exactly what I was talking about!!!! Greatest moment ever! We discussed the area that I was serving, the people that we are teaching, and what I wanted to learn form this exchange. The only thing that came to my mind was how can I be more and how can I find the positive in missionary work? Don't get me wrong, the results are fantastic, like S and R, but the actual working and finding is very draining, and I wanted to improve. She gave me some really good advice and we had a lot of fun. Speaking of S and R, here are pictures of their baptisms (they were baptized 3 days after I was transferred)

Wednesday: We had District meeting on New Year's Eve, and it was great. This is my District:)

​Since there was going to be people driving and drinking, we wanted to be safe that night so we went in at 8 and updated the area book and did additional study. We had dinner earlier with the Bishop and his family and we discussed who in the ward we could visit or who needed help with anything. He told us that there was an older member in the hospital that we could go see, because apparently he wasn't doing all that great. Brother H, when we saw him, looked great! He was awake and asked me where I was from and how long I have been serving. He is a very nice man, and his wife is just so adorable. Her eyes brighten up when we walked in. The nurse asked if we were nuns...ha ha, no we are missionaries. Greatest moment ever:)
Thursday: Happy New Year! As one of my goals, I decided I am going to drink a lot more water, so Sister Record (after studies) got the Sprite (my favorite soda) and poured it down the drain. My heart broke as I watched this horror in front of me.

​We were able to teach S before he left for training for 3 weeks. Everyone thinks that he is already a member, so when we told certain members that S will be baptized in 3 weeks there is a look of confusion that I love. It is so great how involved in church he truly is :)

Friday: Doctors appointment. It went well. 200 miles from Converse to Cedar Park and back. When I had to get my blood drawn for my Thyroid level, The first time it took 3 times to actually find a vein, today it only took 2! Hopefully by the next visit, we will only have to find it the first time. My TSH levels are still way too high, so they doubled my dosage. They will check it again in 4 weeks to see if that has changed anything..All in all it was a good day of teaching after.

Saturday and Sunday: pretty good, we had a couple of lessons that were planned and last minute. We have 9:00 church, so I knew the schedule of what time I needed to wake up and get ready, Sister Record was always used to the 1:00 church so she was in a bit of a daze. We had 3 investigators at Church, one of them actually brought her work with her :) WAY TO GO!!! Sister Record and I helped teach in Young Women, and we saw the new youth video and song, it is really good! We learned about the Godhead and what roles they have. It was a great day.

Over this past week, I have been honestly a little hard on myself. But that is just my personality and my short-coming. It is crazy to think that I will hit my 6 month mark this month...crazy! The support does help and the letters that I get honestly do lift up my day. I had no idea how hard this was, to surrender myself to the will of my Father in Heaven, become his servant, and do what He wants me to do. Just letting y'all know that the letters help tremendously! 

I hope y'all have a great week and I hope y'all know how much I love you!
Sister Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment